The Writing Bit
- Can you sit in on a couple of classes before joining? If so, you can see the tutor’s style and how the session works as well as chatting to the group about their experience of this tutor.
- Is there a good mix of writing exercises, reading and feedback?
- If the class only involves workshopping, might a writers' group be more appropriate for you than a structured class?
- Does everyone get a chance to read their work?
- Is the feedback sensitive and constructive?
- How inspiring is the teacher?
- Does he/she address the various aspects of the craft of writing, or is the feedback too general?